I`m going to marry a beautiful Colombian woman. Which is the best way of getting her here? I am an architect in Los Angeles. We plan to marry in Colombia soon. However, I would like her to come here first to experience our culture and see how we live. She had tried to get a tourist visa for her and her  daughter in 2020, but the U.S. consul in Colombia denied her request. She has family and a good job as a Manager in Colombia, but the U.S. consul doesn’t believe that she will return after her visit. I don’t know what to do next. I am praying it won’t take long to bring her here once we are married. Would hiring a lawyer here or in Colombia speed up the case? I have spent time with her in Colombia – I visited her there three times. I can assure you that ours will be a real marriage.


Contracting a lawyer is not necessary in most cases. It usually takes between six and 12 months for your wife to get her to the United States. If you want to bring her here before you marry, you file U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). If you marry her in Colombia, you file USCIS form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. These days, the processing times for the fiancé(e) or spouse of a U.S. citizen are about the same.

 If you want to make sure that that she will gets to know your neighborhood, family, friends and everyday life before marriage, the fiancé(e) visa is best.

The way to make that happen is to get her a fiancé(e) visa and let her spend some time here before you marry. Either way, I wish you both the best of luck.

Alexander Kloble founder of Matchmaking Agency

Alexander K.
follow me

Concerns or questions?

Please contact us in case you have a question regarding our services. CALL US AT: 347-983-0204 (U.S) Thank you!

Contact us


Go up